Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Common Access Card

I needed to get a government ID. I would use it to digitally sign forms to request things like a government computer. My sponsor told me to just walk in to get it done ASAP. So, I went and was turned away at the gate. They don't even let you on base unless you have an appointment. I made an appointment. My appointment was today.

I drove to Metro parking. There were a lot of cars there. I had to park out in the boon docks. I took a detour halfway through my train ride. I stopped at Fuddruckers downtown. I was surprised how few people were eating there. I got the $9,99 special combo. They gave me so many fries, I had to go back twice to get cheese and jalapenos to eat with them. I read my Jimmy Carter biography during lunch.

I got to the front gate. I had to fill out an extensive two-sided form just to get a temporary pass to get on to base. I was happy the army person helping me gave me a map of the campus. It will still hard to follow. Before I know it, I was at the badge building. They were not taking walk ins. I was 30 minutes early. They fingerprinted me and had me enter a pin. Then I was off to the race home. There was a backup on the highway at my exit.


No comments: