Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hospital Visit

I got a call late last night. It was my bro. He said my mom could not breathe, so he rushed her to the emergency room at the local hospital. My bro just dropped my mom off. He needed to hang up and go into the hospital. I hung tight. Later he called and said my mom needed to stay overnight.

I took care of my duties are work the next day. My bro called and said my mom was still in the hospital. He and my dad were going to visit my mom that evening. I told him I would come along. After work, I headed over to my parents' house. My dad had gone to get some flowers for mom.

My bro and I waited and thought something was wrong. It was taking too long for dad to get flowers. Turns out his truck died in the grocery store parking lot. My bro and I went to rescue him. We tried to jump start his battery and car. We failed. Had to leave his truck there.

I used my bro to help navigate me to the hospital my mom was staying at. It seemed small. The bottom floor smelled like bacon (the cafeteria was on the main floor). We headed up to my mom's room. She had a private room. There were some tubes coming out of her nose. She was scheduled to get her IV hooked back into her later.

Yesterday my mom could not breathe. Today she was better. Her doctor still said she could not be discharged from the hospital. Otherwise she would not make it. The whole recovery will take up to 8 months. We all hope my mom can come home tomorrow.

No comments: