Monday, June 18, 2012

The Kindle Project

Little Kat needs to read some books this summer. He proposed that we buy him a Kindle Fire tablet. That way he would not have to lug heavy books around the country when he visits his dad. In theory that is a good idea. However Little Kat would just end up playing games on the Kindle Fire if we got him one. I decided to purchase a normal Kindle reader instead.

I am going to loan the Kindle Reader to Little Kat for a year. I told him if he reads a little bit each week, I would give him the Kindle Reader. He was excited at this prospect. I sweetened the deal by promising I would throw in a Kindle gift card if he kept up a minimal amount of reading each week.

If Little Kat reads a lot over the next year, I told him I would buy him a Kindle Fire tablet. I would also throw in a bigger gift card to purchase whatever he wants on on the Kindle Fire. This really got Little Kat excited. Let's see whether this excitement lasts for the whole year.

I told Little Kat that he would need to document his reading each week on his new Blazing Books blog. Looks for entries starting on that blog as early as this week.

No comments: