Thursday, September 10, 2026

Fuddruckers Vacation

Since I finally obtained a new job, it was time to take a vacation. It was a little last. Summer has passed. We set a date that made the hotel costs lower (mid-week). On the day of departure, Momoko had to go to the doctor to get a knee injection. The doctor said we needed to come early. I had to settle for eating a pizza at home for lunch.

I read my book on Jimmy Carter in the waiting room. Then we headed North for vacation. A couple guys texted me while I was on the road. They were congratulating me on my job. There was some traffic. But nothing like the last backup that doubled our travel time.

When we arrived at the hotel, Momoko said it was the wrong one. It was not where we stayed last time. Apparently, we last stayed at the Holiday Inn. This time I had chosen Comfort Suites. I checked in. I could not get the controls on the A/C working. The front desk said to use the thermostat on the wall. Momoko tried that. It showed a low battery sign and died.

We rushed to Fuddruckers before they closed that night. They did not have any specials outside of lunch hours. The initial meal had a tiny portion of fries. I went to ask for more. It is unlimited fries. The guy did not reuse my burger basket. Instead, he gave me a whole new basket with a ton of fries. I struggled to finish them.

Back at the hotel, I told Wyatt at the front desk about our A/C problem. He came with battery replacements. He could pop the cover off the wall mounted thermostat. But he could not get the batteries out. He went back to the office to use a screw driver. He returned to pop in the controller with new batteries. The air blowing turned cold. At night I found the A/C working too well, making me cold.

No comments: