Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Little Kat School Woes

Little Kat has previously been on probation at college for poor grades. It culminated in him being suspended this semester. That means he cannot take any classes. He was told he could try to come back the following semester. I told him as long as he did go back to school, nothing would change about his status in the household.

As the time for registering for next semester got close, I asked Little Kat if he knew about the deadlines. He did not. I gave him the dates and expected that he would register for the next semester. The registration at the college opened up. But Little Kat did not register.

I asked Little Kat why he did not register. He said he forgot or did not get around to doing it. I told him to figure out his classes and register. Turns out he could not register. He needs to get taken off from suspension. So I told him he had to go to the college and make that happen.

Little Kat went with Kit Kat to his college. They told him they don't start work on taking students off suspension until December. I gave Little Kat explicit instructions to arrive at the college the first work day in December and get this taken care of.

Little Kat seems to be in a rut. What he needs to do is start to get serious about college. He is going to have to get back into school next semester. There is no way he is going to sit around and miss any deadlines, not on my watch at least. I think he is at a crossroads. This is the last chance to get back on the college horse.

No comments: