Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Mulch Project

The garden in front of our house sometimes has a lot of weeds growing in it. I decided to put down plywood underneath the mulch. So I bought a lot of mulch. I started with the area directly in front of the front door. That took a while. I was worried that the plywood was too bouncy when I stepped on top of it. Eventually it fit down in place.

 I had been putting off dealing with a section of the garden in the front but down by the neighbor. There were a top of weeds and grass growing in the garden. Recently I was ahead of schedule on yard work. So I tacked this project. There were some plants and bushes in that part of the garden. Therefore I measured where each of the greenery was. Then I cut a plywood to fit snugly.

When I put the mulch on top, it looked great. Then I had a couple extra bags of black mulch. I sprinkled the mulch over the whole garden to give it a newly mulched look. Things are looking up. The best part is I no longer have a pile of mulch bags on my back porch getting in the way. Win.

No comments: