Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Hard Knock Life

My stock option investments went south. So there went a lot of my cash. Now I need to conserve like a poor person. We had the banister pull out from the wall in the stairs leading to the basement. Time to call the handyman? Nope. That would cost a lot of money. I had to try to fix it myself.

I usually go out to lunch every day. While I should cut that whole expense out, I try to choose less expensive meals instead. No more $10 chicken sandwich from Popeye's. Instead I get a $6 lunch special from the cheap Chinese restaurant. You can't hardly beat that.

I have two pairs of New Balance shoes. One is on its last legs. The other does not seem to fit right. A new pair costs $82. That is just too much for shoes for a poor guy. Instead I opted to buy a used pair for $27 from Amazon. They were rated "like new". Luckily they seem pretty good. Maybe a return?

No comments: