Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Certification Exam Failure

One of my professional works goals this year is to pass some certification exams. I bought a few books. Also downloaded an online book and test software. I read the online book over two weeks. I also studied during my vacation week. I kept taking the practice tests until I scored around 85%.

I purchased an online exam voucher. But I could not figure out how to register for the exam. I had to contact technical support. Apparently I needed to be an admin and assign the test to myself. Then I could register. There were only really early morning slots later this week. But there was a 7:30pm slot today. I signed up.

I reviewed my notes. Got my identification ready. Moved Momoko's desk into Kit Kat's old empty room. I cleaned out the A/C filter in there and waited. Once it was check in time, I had to download some secure browser. I also had to do a video zoom call with my ID. Then I was off to the races.

This exam was hard. But it is just the precursor exam to the one I really want to take. I honestly knew the answer to about half the questions. I figured since I am usually a good test taker, I could get pass some of the questions I did not know. I needed 63% to pass. I only got 61.9% correct. Thus I failed.

I am kicking myself because I am now out the $245 exam fee. My company will only reimburse me if I pass. I only purchased a couple cheap books. I theoretically need to pass these to meet my company goals for the year. I am not sure if I need to buckle down and retake the test, or to throw in the towel.

No comments: