Tuesday, August 6, 2024

The Start of Project X

Little Kat has graduated from his 4-year college with a bachelor's degree. He needed a gap month to rest. Now he is looking for a job. He has recently passed the 500 applications point. He did got 5 or 6 online assessments. However he has not received any interviews.

I knew the market for new grads was poor. I did not know it was this bad. Recently I saw a Reddit post about a guy that submitted 3000 applications and only got 5 interviews. Not sure if any of those translated into a job offer. I doubt it.

For now, I am working with Little Kat on a secret joint mission I call Project X. Today we had our initial meeting. I set some end goals for 6 months from now. I also gave Little Kat his first task. I hope he can finish it in a few weeks. Today I mailed him 10 "data files" for him to process.

Project X will at least give Little Kat a chance to work on a real world project. I think he can use what he learned in college and hone his skills. There is even a chance our project can make some money. Who knows? We might be starting the next FaceBook in our basement.

No comments: