Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Riding on the Metro

My boss called an all hands meeting yesterday. We were to report downtown to one of our buildings to meet. At first I thought I would just wake up early and drive there. But once I saw the directions from MapQuest, I changed my mind. Lots of streets were one way. I figured it would be near impossible to navigate during rush hour. So I took the train.


Prior to arriving at the train station, I dropped by my dad's house. Switched my manual transmission Nissan out for my automatic transmission Scion xB. Then I drove to the train station. I had a train card. Just had not used it in a long time. I had looked up the cost to take the train to the office and back. Now I needed to ensure I had enough money on my train card.


I slide the train card into the slot like I would a credit card. No response. Ended up asking a train stop employee for help. It seems I needed to way my train card in front of the machine. With money added on the card, I went through to the train. It was not that crowded even though it was rush hour. I read my Kindle for part of the way.


When I reached the stop closest to my company building, I got out and figured which exit from the station to take. I knew I was close to the company. I asked a guy with a security uniform if he knew where my company was. He thought it was right behind him. Nope. Wrong address. As I walked down the street, the guy called out to me. I had to go across the square to the other side. Mission accomplished.

No comments: