Friday, January 13, 2017

Cell Phone Scam Detected

My brother decided to join our family phone plan. The rest of us in the family have iPhones. My brother used to have an iPhone 5. But I think the screen cracked and he went back to Android. He has a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Momoko called our phone provider. She upped our monthly bandwidth (my brother uses even more than the kids). She tried to add my brother to our plan. The phone provider service rep said she could not do that because my brother's phone was only a 2g phone. WTF?

Luckily my brother mentioned that he needed to go the phone store to buy a new phone. I investigated and heard the shenanigans. Umm the Samsung Galaxy S6 is like one generation ago, equivalent to the iPhone 6. My brother even has a phone plan with a company that is a subsidiary to our phone provider. He is using 4G-LTE service probably with our phone towers.

The real kicker is that we are upping our monthly cell phone bill to $300+, which is almost $4000 per year. These guys have to be able to give us a free phone or something. Otherwise it will be time to pull the ultimate trump card - "put me in touch with someone who can help cancel our cell phone service".

No comments: