Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Welcoming a new Fiat 500L

I had gone to my local used car store. Narrowed down my next car choices to either a 2012 Nissan Versa or a 2015 Fiat 500. The Versa was nice because I like the body style and they sometimes comes with a good navigation system. The Fiat 500 is just a cool looking car. The problem with the Versa is that the good body style was last made in 2012. Too old. And the Fiat 500 is small and has a weak engine.

So I decided to consider the Fiat 500L. It is a four door version of the smaller car with a zippier engine. I figured I needed to drive one to see how powerful the engine was. The web site said that there were none at my local used car store. The one I had been eying at their western store had apparently been sold. There was one at their southern store, but just as I was about to leave, my contact there said it also was being sold. The store way up north would not answer their phone.

In desperation, I consider a more common car such as the Nissan Altima four door sedan. I went to my local used car store again. My sales guy was not there. A lady took me out to the Altima car area. It was cold so she left me there and told me to find her if I had any questions. The back seat of the Altima did not have enough head room. I tried a whole lot of other sedans (10 to 15 of them). The back seat headroom was lacking in all of them.

As I wandered the parking lot, I came over to where the Nissan Versa cars were. That is where I saw a Fiat 500L four door car. The colors in the interior and exterior were nasty. There was a weird sunroof inside that took away precious headroom. But I was able to take it out on a test drive. The engine was very zippy. I loved it. Inside I had the sales lady search for another one of the Fiat 500L vehicles in their nationwide inventory. We found my car.

I paid a fee for the car store to transport my car of choice to the local lot. It should be here in less than three weeks. I cannot wait.

No comments: