Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Wooden Platform

I work out in the yard and generate a lot of yard clippings. Also collect a ton of leaves in the fall. I bundle all this stuff up into tall 30 gallon paper bags. The county comes to pick them up once a week. While I am waiting on the county, I keep the bags behind my house.

Initially I put together a makeshift platform to store the bags on top of. This was placed under the overhang from the house, just outside our sliding glass door. It was a bit tough as the hill slopes down there. So I piled up some 4x4 wood to level a piece of plywood. This was only 2 feet deep. So not a lot of room for anything.

My makeshift platform was in place for a surprisingly long time. This past weekend I decided to put in the permanent replacement. I got a couple of cinder blocks to level out the slop on the hill. Then I nailed together two halves of a platform I saved from my dad's house. This used to be the platform that Christmas decorations would be displayed on top of. It is repurposed now.

No comments: