Friday, July 5, 2019

Little Kat the Chauffeur

I drove the family up to Kit Kat's old theater to see a Miyazaki film. It was an old one. The theater was showing it for one day only as a special presentation. Some lady on our row was chatty with us prior to the movie starting. Then some other lady in the front row kept talking aloud until she was shushed.


Little Kat drove us home. I was hungry for a snack, hoping to swing by McDonald's. Little Kat took us to Burger King instead. I got a double hamburger for $1.79 off their value menu. The next day, Little Kat drove Momoko and I to the airport. We got there in plenty of time to check in. Some lady was holding up the fast security screening line with all her belongings taken out of her luggage. Momoko was also delayed because the screener wanted to know about the inhaler she packed.


Once through security, I wanted to eat breakfast at Chick-fil-A. Momoko thought the line was too long. So we went to Arby's instead. The guy in front of me was short a French fry. So I checked out order diligently to find we too were short a fry. We refilled our drinks and headed to the departure gate. There Momoko and I played head-to-head Scrabble.


I barely made it in the A-section of boarding. The flight was not full. We made the trip to Momoko's dad's house in record time. The stewardess asked if I wanted a second drink. Of course I needed an extra coke. Took a long time for me to receive it. The passengers had to shut all the windows on the plane to keep it cool in the hot summer weather.

No comments: