Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Couch Pickup

Yesterday I got a message that our new couch had arrived at the store. I asked Little Kat today to help me pick it up. He said he was busy with multiple items for school. So I had to go pick the couch up myself. Luckily my brother had left his truck at home. I did some prep work like moving out all the furniture and vacuuming the living room.

I arrived at the store. The sales guy told me to pull the truck up to the front door. I backed the truck right up to the sliding doors in front of the store. Some guy came by and said I could not park on the curb. So I parked really close. The wheeled the couch out and put it in the back of the truck. It was a snug fit between the wheel wells. I still tied the couch down.

On the way home, I stopped by Taco Bell for lunch. Little Kat was not there when I got home. When he did come home, I asked if he had time to help move the couches. He did. We moved the old love seat outside onto the front lawn. I backed my brother's truck up to our front door. Little Kat could not get a grip on the back of the couch (it was wrapped with a lot of protective padding). So we dragged the thing into the house.

It was a big affair unwrapping the couch. There was a plastic outer covering over the whole thing. Then there was some other protective material underneath. The edges and bottom were covered with cardboard. And for some reason, there was some wood attached to the bottom of the couch with screws.

Let's see what the family thinks of the new couch. If it is good, then it is time to take the old love seat to the dump.

No comments: