Friday, February 14, 2020

Microsoft Certification

Microsoft offered free training to employees in my company. The courses we related to Azure, their cloud computing offering. I recently started getting vouchers to take the Microsoft certification exams for free too.

So I signed up for the first exam. It was the one for Azure basics. I chose a testing center relatively close to my house. I had been to that testing center before. They made me read this long set of rules first. I asked the receptionist some questions about who my TA would be.

Then I stored all my belongings in a locker. The receptionist made me turn out my pockets before entering the test room. Even though it was early (8:00 am), there were a couple people in there already taking other tests.

The test started out really hard. The questions were confusing. But hey, I had to keep my cool. Later I saw some questions that made more sense. Since the exam was hard, I used some tactics to maximize my chances of passing.

In the end, I barely passed. Now I am worried and I have a much hard exam test on Monday. I had planned to be out of the office this morning since I was testing. But they needed me at work. Since the test was finished quick, I decided to take the afternoon off instead to study up for the next test.

No comments: