Monday, February 24, 2020

Squirrel Near Death

My buddy was coming over my house to meet for lunch. I decided to move Little Kat's car out of the way, in case I needed to drive my car to lunch. There was a squirrel on the driveway. I knew something was wrong. The flies were landing on it. I knew it was alive, because I saw the squirrel's eye blink. But I suspected it was near death.

The squirrel did not move as I drove the car by it. I gathered the family together and told them to be on the lookout. I did not want them running over the squirrel. I planned to collect the body after the squirrel died. Before my friend arrived, the squirrel hobbled over to the side of the driveway. It was sad. I hope the squirrel lived a long life.

I had recently wrapped up another dead squirrel that was in front of our house. I initially thought maybe it died of the cold. However the body was not stiff. So it must have just died that day. I don't recall having to do something like this before for a squirrel. Maybe for a frozen mouse. But not for a squirrel.

No comments: