Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Doordash is a Rip

Momoko and I were busy for work. So Momoko had Kit Kat order us some Arby's. She used DoorDash for the delivery. Normally Momoko and I drive to Arby's and walk in. We often use coupons. We get a ton for food for under $20 total.

With Kit Kat eating too, I figured the bill would cost around $30. She has a subscription to DoorDash that I thought would eliminate extra feeds. Nope. Turns out that only removes the DoorDash fee. There is still a service fee and a tip involved. Our total turned out to be $51+.

The moral of the story is that delivery is expensive, even if you subscribe and pay a monthly fee to DoorDash. Now I know these kids should not be having food delivered to them. They just don't make the money needed to truly afford this type of living.

No comments: