Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Duplicate Credit Card Charges

I needed to pick up my car from the dealership. Was having some maintenance done. Before going in, I decided to stop by Little Caesars to get some bread sticks. I pulled up to their drive through window and tried to pay by credit card.

The dude had trouble running my card through. He tried a number of times. Eventually he said he got it to work. And I thought everything was okay. Then I got my credit card bill. Turns out they charged me four times that day.

I called the credit card company up. Told them 3 of the 4 charges were not valid. They told me to call the vendor and try to get them to refund the bad charges. I called the store. They told me to call Little Caesars management.

I called the manager. They saw my charges. But they said that they did not collect the money due to communication problems with the credit card machine. I said that seemed strange as my credit card company was passing the charges on to me.

In the end, the vendor said they would not credit the charges back. So my credit card company had to charge the money back. Lesson learned it to pay online using their web site, and just pick the food up from the local store.

No comments: