Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Python Programming for Little Kat

Little Kat is taking a python programming language class at his community college. This is a worthwhile course. I am learn the programming language myself on the side. To ensure Little Kat is doing well, I read his textbook ahead of time and quiz him on the topics each week. This has led to identification of areas where he is week. Then he can do further study.

It is 2.5 months into the spring semester at college. There is only 1 month left before finals. Little Kat just took his midterm exam. I was hoping he would do well since I spend a lot of time drilling him to ensure he is not slacking off. Unfortunately he only got an 85% on his midterm. That brought his grade down in the course.

While reviewing the questions he missed, I saw that there are indeed some tough topics that Little Kat is still very weak on. There is not a lot of time before the final. I told Little Kat in the remaining weeks I would put together sample final questions and see if he can answer them. It is time to get Little Kat to really step up his game. Too bad it is taking a lot of my time.

No comments: