Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Internet Providers Suck

Our previous Internet provider said they wanted to start charging extra fees if we use too much Internet bandwidth. These are some crooks. I wish we could get a normal provider who just raises rates when they want more money. Instead they are doing some shady stuff trying to make us choose some higher packages.

My initial response was to use competition. So I went to another provider. I got the cheapest Internet they provide. They had a special rate if you do automatic billing. No thank you. I said I want to receive a paper bill in the mail that I pay via check. I had to pay an extra fee for that. But I was okay. I thought we were good. I got my first bill in the mail and paid it.

This week I got a call and an email. The new Internet Service Provider said they were going to suspend our service due to non-payment. I checked my records. It has been almost 2 months since my last bill. I called them up and said they have not sent me a paper bill in a while. They told me I am forced to do paper free billing. WTF?

Apparently the original sales person either lied or did not know what they were talking about. They won't send me a paper bill in the mail. I can only receive digital notices of a bill. Not sure how I am going to respond. I might have to regroup and find another Internet Service Provider.

No comments: