Monday, May 10, 2021

Getting Breakfast

This morning I woke up and dialed into my first meeting of the day. Normally I stick around for an optional second meeting. But today I was too hungry. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth. Then I put a load of clothes in the washer. Finally I departed for McDonalds.

When I pulled into the parking lot, there was a big armored car trying to make a U-turn in the parking lot. I gave them plenty of room. Then a guy who also pulled aside for the truck got into line before me. I was next. The ordering line moved fast.

After I paid, I waited a while to get my food. The worker asked me to park in numero dos. She clarified that meant parking spot number two. Somebody came out immediately asked if I ordered hotcakes.  I told her no. She asked if I was sure? WTF? Of course I was sure.

Later this worker came back out. I told her not only did I not get hotcakes, but I substituted English muffins for the biscuit in a Big Breakfast. I checked and verified my order was correct. At home, I added a slice of cheese to the English muffins and sausage. Then I heated it all up in the microwave. Delicious.

No comments: