Monday, August 9, 2021

Tree Work


While on vacation, my brother called me worried about a dead tree we had on our property. He said the high winds from recent storms made this a danger. I told him I would check it out when I got home. Initially I had overlooked this tree, as it is on our property, but behind our back fence. It did look dangerous.

I indentified three tree companies and called them up. Thought I should get 3 estimates for tree removal. My brother also mentioned some other large tree branches that were growing onto our back roof. I noticed them before. So I figured I should get a quote for that trimming too.

The first company came out promptly and quoted me $1500 for everything. That seemed steep. I thought it would be half the price. The guy said they would come out with a lift so their guys would not have to climb any trees. I waited for the other two vendors, but they never even showed up to estimate the jobs.

No comments: