Friday, March 18, 2022

Downsizing the Library

Little Kat is moving into my study. And I am relocating to his bedroom. My space is going to be cut in half. So I am seriously downsizing my footprint. First thing to go is most of my technical books. My buddy is learning the Python programming language. I must have over 20 books on Python. Today I met my buddy for lunch, and gave him 2 of my best Python books.

There are a few choice books I will keep, such as The C Programming language. I will also keep Oracle SQL*Plus. My Java book has my name written on the edge of the pages. Until I figure out how to easily remove that name, I will hang onto that book as well. For now, all the other books have gone out on the patio. There are too heavy to dump into the recycle bin all at once.

I still have 8 more Python books relating to data science that I need to read. And I have a ton of fiction waiting for me to read. Those will stay too. I figure I will go from 3 bookcases down to just 1. I still need to determine how many desks I can fit in my new rook. Right now I have 3 big desks. Will keep at least one.

No comments: