Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Office Furniture Shopping

 

My brother and I attempted to move my heavy desk from my study to the library. We got it up a few stairs. Then my brother was unable to move it up any further. I had him come down and take my end. I ran out the back door and took up the position on the top. We struggled, but got the thing to the main floor. I decided there was no way to move this thing any further. It needs to go to the dump.

The desk had a lot of cubby holes and four drawers. So I ordered a shoe rack to replace the cubbies. Then I went to Office Deport looking for a filing cabinet to replace the drawers with the hanging folders. I saw a lot of options. I was not sure if my folders were letter or legal size. At home I found them to be letter.

I also spotted a dent and scratch deal at Office Depot. It was a black filing cabinet with two small top drawers. It was perfect for me. But it was a letter sized cabinet. The best part was that it was a $200+ item on super sale for $27. The next day I returned to buy it. But it had already been sold. I opted to get a used $77 similar cabinet from Amazon. I hope since it is used, it will come assembled.

No comments: