Monday, January 9, 2023

Certificaton Renewal

Six or seven years ago, I passed an exam and got an industry certification. It seems good for certain Department of Defense contracts. The certification expires after 3 years. The last time this happened, I figured the easiest way to renew it was to take some vendor training. You need to pass the assessments that come with the training to prove you are worth to keep the certification.

Well my 3 years were up again. So I decided to do the vendor training one more time. I think the training was expanded. There were more new topics this time around. And I swear the assessments were a lot harder. It seemed like I needed to retake each assessment 3 or 4 times to pass it. You need to get 100% of the questions correct to pass.

Next time I need a better strategy. I think I might let my certification lapse, then sit for the regular certification exam again. You probably only need around 70% correct to pass that exam. I will need to go into a testing center to sit for the exam.

I do have another idea. You can earn credits to keep current. You just need to justify the credits and get them approved. You still have to pay some sort of fee to renew your cert. But at least I won't need to take all these exams all over again. So I downloaded a book on this certification. I am searching for ideas on what to research and publish to use to qualify for the next recertification.

No comments: