Thursday, January 26, 2023

Kit Kat Apartment Update

Kit Kat continued on her apartment search. She set up an appointment with a place with "lower" rent that looked good. I got busy at work. So Kit Kat brought Little Kat with her. She liked a unit and applied. They denied her because she did not make enough money. I told her I would be a guarantor to help her qualify.

I scheduled a visit to this apartment myself. The worker had a tough time opening the apartment front door. There was new carpet everywhere. The kitchen was entirely remodeled, with granite counters, and a small front load washing machine.

I asked what the price for the unit was. They told Kit Kat is was $1619 a month if she moved in at the end of the month. They told me the price would depend on move in date. I asked them what the cheapest date was. They said today, and it would be $1552 a month. I said let's do it. They told me I needed to apply. LOL wut?

Apparently they had to reopen Kit Kit's application and process my guarantor application. I told them let get going, and asked what was stopping us. They said they needed a guarantor application fee. I ran to my local bank and got a certified check for that. They said they would review it.

On the weekend, they came back and said we were approved. However they said we could move in right away for $1619 a month. I had Kit Kat ask them how we could get the $1552 rate, because she could probably qualify on her own at that rate. They said her rate was fixed based on application and tour date. I had her remind them that I just applied and toured and the price was $1552. They would not budge. So they were out.

No comments: