Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Just in Time Delivery

Normally I can hear the trash and recycle trucks as they come in the neighborhood, especially when they drive down the street next to me. So I have an advance warning of when they come. Today my next door neighbor had pest control making a lot of noise. And somebody else was using power saws to cut down trees. So I was in the dark.

Right after lunch I decided to hurry up and collect 1 extra bag of trash from the house. I debated whether to also collect the remaining recyclables so I could make 1 trip to the curb. But I decided against it. What if the trash truck comes while I am gathering stuff. Therefore I ran out to the curb. That was the right decision. The trash truck was 4 houses down on my street. Got that last bag in the can right before they came.

I like adding one more bag to the trash pickup on the day when they are scheduled to come. That is one last bag that will be very old by the time they come back next week. It worked out today. Afterwards, I collected the last recyclables and took it out to the curb. For some reason, the recycle guys are a bit later than usual today.

No comments: