Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Yard Clippings

We had rain a couple days this week. So I did not collect as many leaves as I normally do. Today was leaf collection day by the county. They had not come to pick up by lunch time. So I went out into the yard to collect some more.

I used small paper grocery bags. I went on the hill. The leaf blower was no use as the leaf were moist. So I raked the leaves into piles on the hill. I used the lawn mower to collect the leaves. I mowed a straight line. I came back and tried to pull the mower up the hill. I fell. Luckily the mower went down the hill.

I am sore from the fall. I did work methodically to fill each small grocery bag and add it to the bags on the curb. The dregs had heavy items. I partially filled the dregs into small bags. Then I distributed those small bags into the different cans I had on the curb.

At the end, I realized I had half of a 30 gallon tall leaf bag in the shed. I did one more pass around a lot of the yard. Then I filled the big sticks in this bag. Topped it off with the last of the leaves I collected. And set everything out on the curb.

No comments: