Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Car Progress

I drove Momoko to Subway because she was hungry. I drove Little Kat's car. The thing did not exhibit the problems I heard and felt before. But there were indeed troubles. They felt like engine or transmission problems. I need to sell this car.

Little Kat and I went to get a quote on selling our car. Due to the scratches on the left hand side, they offered me $12k. It was a good offer. While waiting for the offer, Little Kat sat in many different cars looking for the replacement. The only cars he fit in were a Dodge Charger and a Ford F150 XL.

Today Little Kat and I called up a local Nissan dealer. We asked about a red 2024 model of his Versa. When we dug into the discounts, we did not qualify for a $500 military discount. If Little Kat is on the title, we can get the $500 college grad rebate.

Little Kat and I were disturbed to find that Nissan redesigned the center console, making the car uncomfortable for Konner to sit in. The car color was much darker than the pictures online. They tried to charge and extra $400 in dealer commissions. In the end, they said they would waive the commissions.

We are essentially back to the drawing board on a replacement car.

No comments: