Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Power Failure

This morning I awoke and knew something was wrong. There were no numbers displayed on my digital clock. It took a while in my dazed state to realize that the power had gone off in the house.

I did my best to get ready in the dark. At least there was still some hot water available. I called up the power company. They said somebody already called in the problem. As I opened the front door, I saw the utility guy working in the street.

Still I was not sure when we would get power back. The electric company said it might be a couple hours. To me that meant they did not know how long it would take to fix. I was glad to see our lights on when Little Kat and I returned home in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

we sure LOVE our hot water and lights, glad to hear they came back on.