Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Paint Job Sticker Shock

We just about got my dad's house cleaned out. Now it is time to fix it up to get it ready to sell. Landscape changes are coming along. Time to paint the walls. I had my real estate agent line up a painting company to give me a quote.


Showed the company rep what I needed done: all the walls on the main level, most ceilings on the mail level, and the whole basement rec room. Also want one side exterior wall painted, as well as the outdoor hand railing.


There were two rooms that had wallpaper. The estimator said they could not provide a firm fixed price for them based on the varying time it takes to remove wallpaper. The quote came it quick and high. Estimated $13,000+ for the job. Could be more based on the wallpaper situation.


Well I think it is clear we are not hiring this company. Tomorrow I meet with an estimator for another company. Good luck to us.

No comments: