Thursday, February 16, 2017

Heating System Problems

I woke up a bit chilly this morning. Did not think too much about it because it is winter. However I am normally a warm guy. I hardly ever sleep with the thick blanket on top of me. As I descended the stairs of the house to the main level, I got the feeling something was wrong. It was even colder in the kitchen.

Went to the dining room and checked the temperature. It was an icy 52 degrees. The heat was set for 64 degrees. Oh no. I went downstairs and heard the furnace making some noise. The blower was not running. The furnace felt like it was in the startup phase. It stayed like that for a few minutes.

Might be time to call the service guy. But I needed warmth now. So I went back upstairs and shut the heat off. Then I turned it back on. Downstairs, I heard the furnace kick on. Then I heard a swoosh. That must have been the pilot lighting. Soon the blower ran, which was a good sign. I felt heat coming out of a vent.

Disaster averted, for now.

No comments: