Monday, February 6, 2017

School Started Without Me

Last week I made sure I had eaten breakfast and a big lunch on the day college classes started for me. It is tough because I finish work and have to run to my class. This was the first semester I had an automatic transmission car in a long while. So the drive up to college was comfortable.

I found plenty of parking in the student overflow lot. Then I walked to the building my classes were in. Had plenty of time to spare. So I sat down in the first floor lounge to read my Kindle that I brought along. Ten minutes before class, I headed up stairs to my classroom.

As I got to my floor, I thought I saw a teacher open my classroom followed by a few students. It seemed strange because it was a woman opening the door, but I thought my teacher was a man. Also it was weird that there were not that many students there. I have a relatively good sized class.

When I got in, the teacher asked if we were here for a course on protecting the virtual office. What? Not me. I asked some other students if that was the class they were in. They were in that class. So I told the teacher I was here for a different class. She told me to log into the school system and double check the location.

I logged in and found out that I had the right classroom and time, but I came on the wrong day. My class was held two days earlier. Oops. I missed one class already. This is bad because my class only meets one time a week for four hours. I emailed my instructor to find out how I could catch up.

Next time I had better double check the time and place of the first class.

No comments: