Sunday, July 23, 2017

Heat Wave Makes Mowing Tough

This week, the news said it hit over 100 degrees locally. Today I had to work out in the yard. I knew I was in trouble when I was getting too hot and tired just cutting the front lawn. I wanted to quit. But I had to press on. Powered through the fatigue and pain.

I ended up cutting the whole lawn. Weed wacking was brief. I struggled to bring the grass clipping bags to the curb. Inside the house, it was cool. But internally, my body was hot. I made sure I had plenty of fluids.

Went upstairs to take a shower. I was struggling to get the shower done. Then I laid down in bed. I was breathing really hard. I just could not get cool. Momoko turned on the ceiling fan in the bedroom. I kept tossing my pillow around to cool my head. Eventually I caught my breath. Much later I cooled down.

What am I supposed to do? Maybe split up the front and back yards into two separate days of mowing like my friends? Or perhaps I should do a little bit every day to build up my endurance. Who knows? I don't want to just hire somebody to cut the grass when it is hot. This is my only real exercise.

No comments: