Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The End Draws Near for the Monte Carlo

Little Kat went shopping with Momoko this weekend. When they came back home, they had bad news. The car I let Little Kat drive was acting up. I just dropped $1300 to fix assorted problems with it. The thing already leaks when it rains hard. I thought this might be the end.

We took the car to the mechanic. They were closed. I tried to get a car rental. They were closed too. So we just parked the car in the mechanic's parking lot. Little Kat returned today to ask the mechanic for an estimate.

I started thinking about what I would do next. I previously had three cars. But I got rid of the Scion xB. Little Kat and I both drive a bit for school and work. We make full use of both of my cars. Wouldn't you know it? This was the week Kit Kat wanted to borrow one of my cars when she puts hers in the shop.

So I thought perhaps it was time to get a two door Fiat 500. I love how it fits in any parking space. Little Kat prefers a coupe or sedan that has a trunk. Then again, I always wanted to have a truck to haul stuff. Momoko things a Nissan Altima would be good for Little Kat to drive the family around.

Turns out the problem with Little Kat's car was a broken ABS wire. Total cost is $370 to repair. I am going to fix it. However the writing is on the wall. I need to prepare for the purchase of another car. I should have done that when I offloaded the Scion xB.

No comments: