Sunday, September 3, 2017

Fire Pit Causes a Tumble

After dinner, Momoko suggested we go out and enjoy our fire pit. The weather was chilly for September. Little Kat had set up the pit with newspaper, kindling, and logs. We all went out and sat around the fire. I brought a drink with me. The wicker table was not stable enough to put the drink on.

When the fire was roaring, I went in to get a cushion to put on the wicker chair I was sitting in. A lot of the smoke blew my way. I shifted my weight to flip the wicker table to see if it could be secured underneath. I heard the chair make a funny sound.

I did another motion in the chair. Nothing special. I heard the strange noise again. Both front legs of the wicker chair gave out. I tumbled backwards. Luckily I was okay. The chair, however, was put in the garbage pile for a future trip to the dump.

Kit Kat did not join us at the fire pit. She was out with her friends celebrating a birthday and going to a play downtown. Little Kat searched for sand to put out the fire at the end. Not finding any, he resorting to spraying down the fire with water from the hose.

No comments: