Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cleared for the next Phase in my Career

I had been on a project at work for around 15 years. Work on this project spanned me working for a couple different companies. This project is finally started to wind down. There are other systems that are supposed to take over. They plan to shut the project down. My project told me a few years ago that they no longer had a position for me.

I did find a cool project to get onto in my company. They said they needed a long time (2 years) to clear me to get onto the project. Until then, they said I needed to find some other work. At my company, you are usually on your own to find your next project.

I did find another group to work for. Unfortunately they had no needs for programming. I advised them for a while. But I was done with them in less than 6 months. I started looking around for more jobs. Even started looking outside my company.

Eventually I found my current project. They did have some programming needs. But this project sucked. Ended up doing things like working on the weekends. Get calls before I start work each day. And I get calls long after I leave for the day. This project is just totally unmanaged. And this results in just a bad time.

Last week I heard back the cool project I talked with about 2 years ago. They said their customer was ready for me to come work on their project. I need to work out a few details such as leaving my current project. But I am very excited to move onto the next phase of my career. Don't know a lot about the job. They told me to study up Certified Ethical Hacking to prepare for it.

No comments: