Thursday, June 21, 2018

Fence Panels to the Rescue

A prior storm blew down a portion of my yard fence. The fence was old and rotted. It was already wobbly. I chopped up the fence that fell. My brother and I hauled it to the dump.

I had planned to reuse the fence that got taken down when we put in the new driveway to replace the fence that fell. Today I went out to make measurements on those fence pieces to plan where to dig post holes.

Unfortunately I found that half of the repurposed fence was falling apart. No reason to install a broke down fence. So I got help from my brother again. We went to the home improvement store with his truck.

I purchased three fence panels. They were 6 feet high and 8 feet long. Also bought 6 posts. Now I just need to dig the holes and set the posts. While I am at it, I will take the dirt from the holes and level out the dip in the yard that used to be a pond or hot tub.

No comments: