Saturday, June 30, 2018

Rental Upgrade

I had rented a Jaguar F-Pace vehicle at the airport. It seemed like a normal SUV. Not a luxury vehicle. To make matter worse, it had some weird gas saving feature. The engine would abruptly cut off every time I came to a stop. This must have been a design failure.


I tried twice to return to the rental car place. But they had no other luxury cars to trade. Finally I asked when they would get some new cars in. The attendant recommended that I come back as soon as they open on the weekend.


When I returned, they once again had a bunch of luxury cars to rent. The attendant recommended a Cadillac XTS sedan. It is not as luxurious as a BMW 760 or a Mercedes S550. But it would do. Guess what? The engine does not cut off when it stops.


Perhaps I shall return in a week to see if I can upgrade to a Mercedes Benz. For now, I am satisfied.

No comments: