Sunday, July 8, 2018

Getting Greek Food Abroad

Momoko and I have been going out to eat frequently. She asked if we should visit some new café the other day. I thought we should go somewhere else. Her sister had previously recommended a local Greek place for take out.


We got to the Greek place. There seemed to be nobody there except for one employee. I liked that there was a $5.99 special posted on the door. Gyro, fries, and drink for $5.99. When I tried to order it, the employee with a raspy voice said there were two gyro specials. I said I wanted the one that was on the door for $5.99.


The drinks were in cans and were warm. We were provided cups with ice. Some weird children's television show was playing far in the back on an old style TV. We got out meals. The gyro seemed to be lacking the sauce. However, once I got deeper in the pita, I found plenty of sauce.


Momoko got a more expensive salad version of the gyro. I finished up her diet Coke and we took off. A couple other people wandered in after us. The place had a lot of room, contrary to what Momoko's sister said about the establishment. We may return with Little Kat to let him try the special too.

No comments: