Sunday, July 29, 2018

Short Trip to Neighboring Big City

Momoko and I decided to take a short trip this weekend. We headed two hours northeast of her dad's house. Momoko booked us a room at a hotel for one night. There was a long turnpike that led us there. After checking into the hotel, we headed out for some lunch.


I wanted to go to Fatty's pub. It was across the street from FatBurger. Momoko did not want to go. Then I thought we could go to this Mongolian BBQ. Momoko did not want that either. We ended up going to some Italian place. Yelp told me to order the pepperoni bread. So we did. I also skipped the fries and got a salad with bacon and boiled egg as my side.


That night we caught an early evening showing of Skyscraper, the latest movie starring Dwayne Johnson. The next day we got a continental breakfast and decided to drive downtown. Many of the street were blocked and had detours. There were a number of homeless people. Not much to see really. Therefore we headed home.


On the way home, there was a Nissan Titan overfilled with belongings behind me. I decided I had to stay in front of that disaster waiting to happen. The car went down to half a tank of gas. Stopped at the plaza in the middle of the highway. All the non-diesel pumps were jam packed with people. So I decided to head back to Momoko's dad's house and fill up there.

No comments: