Monday, July 23, 2018

Princess Mononoke Revisited

Momoko and I decided to go see a special feature at the movie theater. They were bringing back Princess Mononoke. This is an animation from 20 years ago. Miyazaki directed it. Studio Ghibli did the animation. Momoko thought she saw it before. However it had been a long time.


While driving up to the theater, we found the parking lot to be full. I went behind the theater. Also full. I drove around the main lot a couple times. Eventually somebody came out and left. We took their space.


I had eaten lunch. So I opted out of popcorn and soft drink. Before the show started the Front & Center pre-show was just some music. A dude in the second row started dancing and then left the theater after a couple minutes.


During the second action sequence in the movie, I realized that I too had seen this movie before. But I forgot almost everything about it. Half way through the show I got hungry. I thought it would be okay as Momoko only eats half her popcorn at each show. This time she got hungry and finished the bag.


On the way out, I got a popcorn for the road. Grandma pre-purchased around 75 medium popcorns for the year. So I got it for no further charge. Sprinkled some cheddar cheese flavoring on it and I was good to go.

No comments: