Sunday, September 23, 2018

Creatures Getting into our Trash

Rain was scheduled to come in today. So yesterday I cut the grass for the whole yard. Bagged up the grass ready for the county to pick up. I placed the tall bags between two filled trash cans on my patio. Covered everything with a tarp. Added some firewood on top to hold down the tarp.

Today is was indeed raining. As I went outside to head out to the movies, I saw a trash can lid on the ground. What the heck? There was also trash on the patio. Someone or something had pulled off the firewood, pulled back the tarp, and got into the trash can. I had to run to the movies, but would investigate later.

Turns out something did open the trash can, get inside, and chew through both trash bags. This is disturbing because I double bag my trash bags. Seems the subway food wrapper and some chicken leg bones were too tempting to avoid.

Now I need to put some type of solution in place so this does not happen again. This is the second time this month an animal has opened up a trash can, jumped in, and went to town. I am thinking maybe a plastic shed just for the trash cans.

No comments: