Thursday, September 27, 2018

Secure Trash Solution

I have given our patio trash problem some thought. The pesky critters are opening up my trash cans and chewing through the bags to find treasures. This just causes a mess. I thought I could put the trash cans inside the carport shed. Just not a lot of room in there.

We do have a lot of room in the back yard on or around the patio. So I just ordered some bins to enclosed the trash cans. They are not too big. Therefore I will only put my 32 gallons trash cans in there. Also, there is no floor. There is also a gap around the bottom of the bins. So I will need to secure that with some wood (any maybe paint it black to match).

I am hoping this does the trick. I plan to secure the door shut with a lock perhaps. Might also have to ensure the top (which opens) stays shut at all times. Just need to make this secure enough that the animals give up and go to the next house.

No comments: