Monday, December 10, 2018

Tough End to a Semester

Today was the day for the final exam in my college class. I discovered a problem at work. Asked another team to help get us back on track. They said they needed all kind of management approval for that to happen. I called my boss and tried to get him to intervene. He wanted to deal with it this afternoon. Turns out my boss was extra busy. I kept pinging him to meet and get this done. I had a final to attend. He got free at the last minute and I kept him on task, and figured out what we needed to do.

Then I bolted out of the house and headed for school. I figured there was still time to drop by the school cafeteria and pick up a sandwich. When I got to school, the front door to the cafeteria was half closed. WTF? There were no employees serving pizza or sandwiches. I asked a cashier what was up. She said they stopped serving food at 2pm today due to finals. Oh snap.

I went to the building that my class is in. Tried to calm down by reading my book I always bring to class. This is the latest fiction novel I am reading. At first it got my mind off food, until I smelled something delicious in the waiting lounge. Eventually I headed up to class. As usual, the teacher was late. When I booted up the PC I normally use, I found that I could not remember my school password. Oh boy.

Tried a lot of combinations for my password. Was getting confused with other passwords I use for my job. I decided to try and reset my password. I had trouble remembering the security question for my favorite book. Eventually I reset my password and took my final exam. There were 50 questions. A lot of them were very familiar (the instructor gave us a big bank of questions to study). I answered all questions correctly except the last one. I had no clue on that one. My good grade on the final did not affect my grade at all it seems. Same grade as I had going into the exam. Finis.

No comments: