Monday, December 17, 2018

Water Trouble

I went downstairs to start my next load of laundry. Stepped into a puddle of water in the utility room. Traced the source to the pipe leading out of the furnace to the drain in the floor. I lifted the drain cover. The water was high and not draining properly. I tried to move the pipe to the side, but it snapped near the furnace.

I tried to use a plunger to deal with the stuck drain. No help. I could not get good suction at the mouth of the drain. It is not a uniform lip around the opening. Also tried using a coat hanger. The drain is deep and the hanger would not bend at the J-trap.

Soaked up all the water with some towels I was washing anyway. Used some duct tape to perform a makeshift repair on the broken pipe coming out of the furnace. Made good use of the many towels I bought for the kids' bathroom water troubles. Got to get a plumber in here ASAP.

No comments: