Monday, January 28, 2019

Buying Heavy Duty Gloves

I have been clearing the leaves from the property. Put another 25 bags of leaves on the curb yesterday. The county came and picked them up this morning. I use cheap heavy duty gloves to pick up the leaves. Sometimes they are wet and/or cold. The heavy gloves really help.

My current heavy pair of gloves has holes in them. That's okay. They are cheap gloves that cost around two bucks each. I figured I would go to the store and buy some more. There was a bunch of medium sized gloves available. They were too small. They were also pricey at $4 per pair.

I found two pairs of large gloves just sitting on top of the glove rack. No sticker or pricing on them. I decided to take them both. The cashier could not find a barcode. He searched through the system and said it looked like they were $12 per pair. Oh hell no. These are the cheapest gloves they had.

I told the cashier that the medium sized ones were $4 each. Even that was double the normal price. But I figured they were worth at least $4 per pair to me. But not a whopping $12 per pair. For that I could have got some more fancy gloves easily. The guy went to the display and confirmed that these style gloves are currently $4. So that's what I paid.

Since I got two pair, I should be good in the yard through spring/summer.

No comments: