Thursday, January 24, 2019

Leaves Frozen to the Ground

I have long since collected all the leaves in the yard. But that is just the fenced-in portion of our property. Then I go rake the leaves on the hill in our back yard. It is a somewhat steep incline down to the creek at the end of our property. I save this chore for last. Can't just run the lawn mower over these leaves. The hill is just too steep.

I had made a dent in this task. Then I went out after the snow had melted. Turns out it was so cold that the leaves stuck to the ground. I wrestled some free with the rake. It was tough work. The high temperature for the day was 20 degrees. My ears were cold even though I wore a hood. My legs were frozen through my pants too.

The next day was a bit better. Some leaves still stuck. But I could rake them up a bit easier. Then on the third day all was well. I actually got a bit hot with my lumberman plaid jacket on. Unfortunately I only had a little time at lunch due to all my meeting at work. I think this third collection will have to do for the week. Tomorrow it is scheduled to rain.

I am also planning to go meet my buddy for lunch tomorrow. That usually takes a couple hours total. No time left over to rake leaves. I was happy this past week where the yard collections team came and hauled away 25+ bags from the curb. I also had a couple trash cans filled with tree branches that they took. This is our tax dollars hard at work.

No comments: