Thursday, August 1, 2019

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Troubles

The exhaust fan in our bathroom was starting to make a lot of noise. I called my handyman. Asked if I should just buy a new fan. He told me to hold off. Instead he tried cleaning the motor. No help. Then he looked to order a replacement motor. I thought he got one, but I was going out of town on vacation.

When I returned home, I found that my handyman had some trouble obtaining a motor. My handyman had taken the motor out of the fan to try to get a suitable match. So we were without a bathroom fan for about a month. That gets real problematic when I bleach the shower to clean it.

Eventually I told my handyman that I just wanted him to install a new fan. Momoko and I got the most powerful fan with the least amount of noise we could find at Lowes. Today our handyman installed the fan. It is smaller than the old one. So he is still patching up the ceiling.

No comments: